Friday, March 6, 2009

Demolishing what once was and still remains


Alright folks, its crunch time. I have about four weeks to the nationals. 27 days, to be exact. I am in the U1250 and as such will probably be among the lowest rated people in the division.

If I don't step it up I will be screwed.

I have 27 days to do 4587 problems. That translates into about 170 problems a day every day until then. Gotta move. While I was on my lazy behind watching anime and listening to audiobooks and music nashville has crept up on me and is now glaring at me.

Another thing - I NEED to get either a 6/7 or a huge upset. My coach is giving away two copies of an autographed book by the legendary Garry Kasparov. I WANT ONE. One book goes to biggest upset and another goes to best overall score. I am very far in the running for either, as all my co-players are under 1000 and are in a much less difficult division. I need to match double, no, triple their effort in order to be on a level playing field with them.

It won't be easy, but I've got to try.

Oh, and I've got a tournament on sunday at Rutgers. Maybe if I get lucky my rating will drop to 999, haha.

EDIT:
RIGHT. We're doing a tournament on blindfold chess in our club. I am currently in first place with 4 wins and one loss. None of my games have lasted longer than twelve moves, win or lose. Good visualization practice though.

4 comments:

CHESSX said...

Good luck with the tournament,try not to over work yourself to much before.
You need to chill a bit and enjoy.

Banatt said...

Thanks

likesforests said...

Glad to hear you're taking it seriously, and I wish you the best, but be careful not to expect TOO much. The winner of the U1250 will probably be performing at the 1450 level. Aside from hard work, they're gonna need some luck. ;)

Banatt said...

Haha. I'm not expecting to win, but I would really love to place.