Friday, October 31, 2008

Tournament Win!

I won the local tournament!



That makes me the very first two-time champion of the tournament!

It's too bad that I forgot to take notation, because I won in a textbook tactical style. I pinned his bishop to his rook, so he couldn't move or his bishop would die. Then I forced his bishop away, then I forked his king and rook. From there I was able to trade down two rooks for a rook and a knight, leaving him with no pieces and me with three easily promoted outside passed pawns. I creamed him. It was awesome!



I would never have won if it hadn't been for my training (or current lack thereof =P). One goal down, two to go.

8 comments:

likesforests said...

Congratulations! Take a moment to savor the sweet victory resulting from your hard work studying--and then get ready for nationals. :)

Edward said...

Nicely done! Big congratulations, Chessmaster.

Banatt said...

=)

I'm going to a big tournament in Vermont in a week. the nationals will have to wait.

Polly said...

Congratulations, and good luck in Vermont. Mkae sure you notate so we can see your games.

Banatt said...

Ah, i'll be sure to, It must be wierd, reading about a victory and not being able to see it.

chesstiger said...

Congratulations with the victory and win of tournament. Well done!!!

It's indeed a pity that we cant see how you creamed your opponent.

Chessaholic said...

Congrats! Look forward to seeing your games.

Banatt said...

I'll play as good as I can. This made me the captain of the team, too! =)