Sunday, August 3, 2008

Complemented by a Master

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that I'm alive and kicking.

I was playing at the local club and a master has begun frequently appearing. I played a few blitz games with him. after losing a lot, he played a phildor's defence. seems relatively passive until he choked me to death and stormed all his pawns at me, where I ultimately fell into a mating net. Despite of it, he complimented me, saying "You played very well that game" My coach has also said that "I am finally learning to play"

I also played a casual game with my brother and spotted this awesome tactic in a flash.



Answer: 1.Qg6+! Qf7 (1... Kf8 Rd8#) 2.Rd8+! 1-0

Cool! All this training is paying off!

9 comments:

Chessaholic said...

Nice! It's so rewarding when hard work pays off :)

Banatt said...

It is, isn't it?

Blue Devil Knight said...

Cool.

Shouldn't it be 1...Qf7?

Banatt said...

you're right. Fixed.

chess addict said...

Hi! can we xlink with my chess blog which features daily chess updates and news? just let me know and i'll add you..thank you.

chess addict said...

Hi! can we xlink with my chess blog which features daily chess updates and news? just let me know and i'll add you..thank you.

Banatt said...

That'd be great

logis said...

Nice that a master is playing and analysing games with you and is so honest to say that you are improving.

Nice that you saw that tactic in a flash. I had to look twice before i saw it.

Banatt said...

Thanks!